Local City Information
- Language: Ukrainian. Russian and English are widely spoken in Kiev
- Currency: Ukraine Hryvnia
- Visas: All EU, Swiss and USA citizens may enter Ukraine with a valid passport for stays up to 90 days
- Climate: Temperatures vary from -40°C to 16°C (-40°F to 61°F) in winter and from 2°C to 33°C (-36°F to 93°F) in summer.
- Saint Sofia's Cathedral, with its baroque gold domes and 76m-tall towers, is a jewel of Orthodox architecture and the oldest standing church in Kiev, dating back to the 11th century.
- The Caves Monastery set on a hill overlooking the Dnipro River is Kiev's most famous cultural and religious landmark. The site stretches over 28 hectares and holds several churches in a variety of styles that create an impressive collection of towers and gold domes.
- Numerous museums including the Museum of Russian Art and the National Museum of Fine Art reflect Kiev's status as an intellectual and cultural centre.
- Situated just south of Kiev, the Folk Architecture Museum brings together a wide variety of buildings from the 17th - 20th century. Wooden cottages, churches, farms and windmills sit amid beautiful gardens and boast perfectly preserved interior furnishings. Perfect examples of some of the finest architecture from all regions of the Ukraine are represented here.
- Kreshchatyk (also Khreshchyatyk), 1.2 km centric street in Kiev, being a popular tourist destination and representing administrative and business heart of the city. It is known for numerous restaurants, cafes, up market stores and is used as a platform for festivals, concerts and political rallies.
Make a Reservation
Hyatt Regency Kiev
Rooms and Guests Close
Please enter date in mmm/dd/yyyy format